Saturday 31 August 2013

sister reunion | Victoria, BC

Sister Reunion in Victoria, BC (August 2013)
 

Good to see you, fart-bomb.  Hey...mind if I pocket this free hotel lotion? 

Silly sister antics aside, it was a pleasure as always.  While the big sis was working her big sis job, I got to roam a city that vaguely reminds me of charming downtown Ottawa, only uprooted and transplanted beside oceanfront.  I bought the coffee beans I like from Fernwood Coffee Roasting Co.  At 5pm, we met on the town, walked the cobblestone, sat on patios, chitchattered about life, family and boys.  She stayed up despite it feeling 3 hours later.  The next morning, we grabbed a quick coffee together.  I did my usual leave your bag with the entirety of your valuables hanging on a chair for grabs at the coffee shop.  Nice man called me back to claim it.   She smuggled me a scone and a sandwich and we parted ways.  Before I hopped back on the ferry at Swartz Bay, I managed to collect some blackberries in their juicy ripe glory.  I found a windy spot in the sun on the deck and  re-read the birthday card (read: book) she helped to make with Lilou and Davie (I knew because the N in M-E-G-A-N stood for "Nude, if you're lucky").   Sigh.  There's nowhere I'd rather sit at Peloso dinners than between Amy-loonie-tunes and hAmberger.  How else will I know when to roll my eyes, "Inappropriate!" or wind up with mashed potatoes in my ear?  Sister time reminds me that I'm not the only nutcase, and I love it.  See you in November and then....!

The fancy Fairmont Empress

A good little bluffs picnic spot on the bay

Dragonboat festival, and a group of kayakers

High tea treats!

Lanterns of light, wishes to loved ones passed

Work day over! Cocktails in the market

Lovely sight(s)! What a goof.  love ya toots.

Crazy carpets, British Empire is still alive

Swans Pub and Brewery

No comments: